Meeting face-to-face is the only way to build trust
- Budget-in recurring face-to-face meetings between your customer, local team, and offshore team
- Having strong communication infrastructure like Skype, Video Conf, Phones, high bandwidth, big screens to facilitate virtual team etc
- Seed visits in frequent intervals across the length of the project
- Both offshore and onshore teams sitting, working and partying together is a must to ignite relations and build strong trust
- The highest performing teams are those based on trust
ScrumMaster at both locations
- Most impediments will need to be worked within the context and environment of each sub-team
Execute 3-4 sprints with entire team at local site
- When project starts it is wise to have offshore team travel to customer site and work together with onshore team
- It takes 3-4 sprints of 2 weeks each at-least to build relations
- Use this to have discussions and formalize Norming and Chartering together and also doing sprint zero activities together like setting up frameworks, initial architecture & design etc.
- Offshore team will get to build relation directly with client and get to hear requirements directly.